Saturday, August 21, 2010

Have you ever been involved in a civil court case?

Have you been involved in a civil court case? Describe your perceptions and experiences with the civil court system. Have you ever been involved in a civil court case?
I was being sued for my sons actions. I needed to give a disposition, in legal terms, and submit to the court. I won my case. The hard part at that time was to submit in legal terms. I did research on the fact and did the best I could. I now know, after studying law, what they meant. What ever I said at the time must have been good enough, I spoke the truth, and tried to term it in legal terms the best I could. My mother was in accounts payable for a large company, and she helped me with the terminology. Legal terminology can be overwhelming, you need to break it down, one paragraph at a time, and understand what it is saying.Have you ever been involved in a civil court case?
As a manager of clerks of courts, I have an opportunity to see many civil lawsuits. I have been involved in several myself.





The most frequent observation is that pro se litigants (persons attempting to represent their own interests without the help of an attorney) are alternately pathetic and hilarious. They almost always lose, but almost never understand why.





It is an adversarial system and as such has significant advantages and disadvantages when compared with alternative dispute resolution, such as mediation.





Your attorney will gather information, apply her understanding of the law to information of the situation at hand, and develop a strategy for your interests. Your opponent's attorney will be doing the same.





The court will make its decision based on facts and law.





[There have been exceptions to the observations above, but they have been rare.]

No comments:

Post a Comment