Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I received a witness subpoena for a deposition in a civil case, what can I expect when I get there?

either the lawyer or the paralegal will ask a bunch of questions as to what you saw and so on and so forth. usually they ask the same questions different ways several times . takes about an hour. painless and if they think you will help their case they may end up calling you as a witness if it goes to trial. they usually try to settle out of court and if you depo is strong the other side will usually fold and cut their losses.I received a witness subpoena for a deposition in a civil case, what can I expect when I get there?
You will be asked to relate your experience of the event as it pertains to the case and sign the statement. If the case goes to court, you might be asked to testify under oath.

No comments:

Post a Comment