Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Is there an organization that helps with legal costs for civil rights cases?

My former employer told me, at least twice, to not hire too many blacks and to not put them together at the worksites. I was also told to not hire too many men and to not place them together too much. My coworkers %26amp; I had to work overtime for years without OT compensation : when I complained, I was threatened with termination. I have been slapped in the head, objects thrown at me in anger, etc. I've quit my job and filed both state %26amp; federal complaints.


My former employer, when I turned in my resignation-notice, asked me how much they owed me in OT for the last 3.5 yrs. then shuttled some $ into my direct-deposit bank account.


However, they just brushed me off and refused to do mediation in anything, even after I got an attorney. The attorney says I have a strong case, but thinks the EEOC will not pursue the matter due to low funds for that. If so, I would need $4,500 for the attorney, then he'll take the rest of his fees out of any $ awarded. What org. will help?Is there an organization that helps with legal costs for civil rights cases?
Try the ACLU and NAACP websites

No comments:

Post a Comment