Saturday, August 21, 2010

I am the plaintiff in a civil lawsuit case should I have my attorneys settle in the case below or go to trial?

Ok, I am a plaintiff in a civil lawsuit case should I have my attorneys settle because the owner of the defendants law firm wants to settle in one of my cases against his client. Should I settle or should I have my attorneys take it to Jury Trial?I am the plaintiff in a civil lawsuit case should I have my attorneys settle in the case below or go to trial?
You can. It is always a risk when something goes to trial. It also involves increased cost and may delay your receiving payment for a judgment. Even when attorneys take a case on a contingent fee basis, they sometime charge a higher percentage when the case goes to trial as compared to what they would take if the case settled out of court.





Sit down with your own attorneys and take a sharp pencil. Run the numbers and the probabilities of the two outcomes.I am the plaintiff in a civil lawsuit case should I have my attorneys settle in the case below or go to trial?
Without knowing the case we can't answer. We don't know how strong of a case you have. We don't know the offer, or what you are asking for, or what the damages were. So based on the COMPLETE lack of details I say do you want to go to trial. Nothing wrong with settling for less so you get that amount AND don't have to go to Court.
Yes! you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment