Saturday, August 21, 2010

When u report for jury duty on a civil case how long are you usually in court?

I have to be there at 8 oclock in the morning and was just wondering how long it would on average lastWhen u report for jury duty on a civil case how long are you usually in court?
You can't really tell. If you aren't picked then a lot of times you'll be out of there by lunch. If you are picked then it just depends on the case.When u report for jury duty on a civil case how long are you usually in court?
There is no set time limit for jury duty. Myself I have had jury duty 5 times, first case was dismissed within 30 minutes, second time went to court for 2 weeks before we had to rule on the case, third time arrived at 0900, 16 people were pick, the remaining people had to return after lunch, again 16 people selected and I along with the remaining left. The other two, I wasn't pick after calling a number about reporting.
it varies





I had jury duty today, they let my group go at about 2PM because the lawyers made a deal. Now I am free for the next year and a half.





take a book to read or something to do to pass the time
plan on all day. if you get selected for a jury, you may have to return several times.
The trials are long like a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment