Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I need help with my civil case in court?

When you are served with a lawsuit, you have 30 days in which to file an answer with the court. Failure to do so risks your default being taken and a default judgment entered against you without the court hearing your version of events. This happened to me so I was seeking help on what I can do next, can i file an appeal so that I can fill out the paper work that i did not provide in the first 30 days?I need help with my civil case in court?
Sorry. You can not appeal a failure to file. I know it is unfair to expect people to file timely responses, but for the court system to function in anything approaching an orderly fashion, they have to have some rules.I need help with my civil case in court?
consult your lawyer
You have to have some basis to file an a appeal. And just that you failed to do it isn't one.

No comments:

Post a Comment