Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I have a civil case going into district court. I plan on representing myself. How many jurors (out of 12)?

I have a civil case going into district court. I plan on representing myself. How many jurors (out of 12) do I need to convince to win the case?I have a civil case going into district court. I plan on representing myself. How many jurors (out of 12)?
It really depends upon your jurisdiction. In some places you have to get a bare majority of 12 -- 7. In others, you have to get a UNANIMOUS verdict of a jury panel of less than 12 -- like 7. In other places you have to get a supermajority of a panel of 12 -- like 9.





So it really depends upon your local state's rules (or the rules in Federal court if your case is docketed there).





(I agree that representing yourself at a trial is a very bad idea. Contact an attorney for assistance.)I have a civil case going into district court. I plan on representing myself. How many jurors (out of 12)?
do not represent yourself. you have the right to a fair trial and be represented by a lawyer. much more likely win-just watch or read up on giddeon
OMG- if you're asking this question DO NOT REPRESENT YOURSELF.





Very bad idea.
I agree with the first answer on this forum. If you do not know the answer to this rather fundamental question, then do not represent yourself. You obviously have no clue about all other aspects of civil and trial procedure, rules of evidence, etc., and they are far more complicated than ';how many jurors are required to win a verdict.';





Please, unless your suit is absolutely trivial, get a lawyer.
what level of civil suit? certain states have multi level of civil suit courts depending on the amount seeking in damages, for example in NJ under 15k its special civil court and only 6 jurors will hear the case
Tell the judge that you can kill him with your bare hands.


and dont say anything else.


That will set everything straight in your life.
zero. it would be malpractice for opposing council not to settle out of court
Even attorneys do not represent themselves. That scenario only works out on television.


Remember - everyone else will have an attorney that is versed in the law and you will be at a sever disadvantage. They will show you no mercy and treat you as if you know the law.. Do yourself a favor and get an attorney or inquire about a public defender or someone who will do some pro-bono work.


Each state has a website for the bar association and lists attorneys and case types.


Only a fool has himself for a client..

No comments:

Post a Comment