Saturday, August 21, 2010

Why is it the Japanese law doesn't consider a civil case for moral damages a serious case?

I was physically injured by a drunk Japanese. I got an almost 3cm deep cut in my upper left eyebrow and had an 11 stitches, and a split bone on my upper left shoulder which causes me to have a rehabilitation for almost 6months. I am a 33yrs old Filipina and the Japanes is a 52yrs old man. He doesn't have any injury at all. His complain was that according to him, I provoke him with a lighter while on a hot


argumentation that's why he flip my left arm backward and hit my head 2x on the asphalt road. I filed a civil case for physical injury and moral damages for all those months of pain and worriedness. It seems that as the case is on-going, its very difficult to claim for moral damages here in Japan. For God sake, if that so, most japanese almost have the freewill to hurt anybody especially foreigner because they fear nothing.Why is it the Japanese law doesn't consider a civil case for moral damages a serious case?
I am not at expert on Japanese law; but, I would suggest to you that whatever country you are in, you are required to abide by their laws.Why is it the Japanese law doesn't consider a civil case for moral damages a serious case?
His behavior that caused you all those injuries was taken as a self-defense.





One good thing to remember is, never give people reason to get at you, like provoking someone with lighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment